Hoosier Energy’s economic development team provides a wide range of assistance to organizations interested in building or expanding operations in our service area, which includes central and southern Indiana and southeastern Illinois. Our economic development team has the tools and resources necessary to make the transition smooth and simple. Hoosier Energy is here to assist at every step.
Our economic development team provides critical assistance to help businesses establish or expand their presence in the Midwest
- Business cost estimates and analysis
- State-to-state cost comparisons
- Project economic impact analysis
- Complete project survey information
- Counseling communities on infrastructure financing
- Property tax studies
- Tax abatement estimates
- Customized electric rate analysis and comparisons
Industrial Site Development
- Production of site maps, aerial photographs and brochures
- Industrial site identification
- Strategic planning assistance for sites and building developers
- Infrastructure financing and zoning expertise
- Preliminary phase 1 and geo-technical site studies
- Preliminary engineering and layout of industrial sites
- Lead generation
- Prospect visit hosting
- Trade shows
- Direct mailing
- Site brochure development and publishing
- Industrial site aerials
- Web-based marketing
- Liaison with Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC), local economic development organizations (LEDOs), regional economic development organizations (REDOs) and consultants to provide tours and information to expanding or relocating industries on behalf of served sites.
- Educate local economic development organizations and state personnel on Indiana and Illinois economic development issues.
- Conduct power quality studies.
- Provide services to contract negotiations and tailored rate-making for projects.
- Provide scholarships to basic economic development courses, community development courses and the Economic Development Institute.
- Work with statewide and regional agencies to provide updates on industry-related issues and support for rural development projects and policy.
- Provide strategic intelligence to local organizations in key industries such as plastics, steel and agriculture.
- Manage USDA program coordination and assistance.
Key Account Assistance
Once a business begins operations in Hoosier Energy’s service area, we continue to provide critical assistance. Our key account managers assist our electric cooperatives with power quality issues, energy efficiency projects and technical expertise. We also maintain excellent consumer relationships. Measured collectively, our key account managers have a combined 81 years of experience in the energy industry.
Account Assistance Services
- Utility sales tax exemption assistance
- Power quality assistance or improvement
- Power factor improvement
- Load factor improvement
- Billing issue assistance
- Rates and training
- Energy efficiency/rebate assistance
- Monthly billing reports
- Electrical consulting (with specific equipment)
- Electrical equipment engineering review and support
- Reliability and outage issues/concerns
- Regular member appointments