2017 Hoosier Energy Integrated Resource Plan
Hoosier Energy’s resource portfolio continues to evolve to meet member needs in a changing market.
• The portfolio increased approximately 52 percent between 2000 and 2018.
• Focus on adding renewable resources
• Purchased power – shift operating risk.
• Fuels – All Hoosier Energy-owned assets added since 2000 use natural gas or renewable resources.
• The MISO electricity market, which began functioning in 2005, provides price transparency, reserve sharing, and mitigation of concentration risks.